use code CARL3406
home essentials
buy home essentials at soap.combuy home essentials at soap.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com, Soap.com or BeautyBar.com customers. Some restrictions apply.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Epic Fail

You know it has been a good night out when at in the morning you are sending a text to your friends, that reads, "Where is
St. Lawrence Ave
? Because that is where I woke up on the train." Epic Fail, I had had a long day at work, and figured it would be a quite night in afterwards, but no that was so not the case. The "what are you doing tonight?" texts, started coming into my phone around as I was starting to clear up my desk. After a flurry of texts and time management I had a pretty full evening in the works, first up, meet Alex at Bryant park and check out his booth, I can't stress enough how excited I am about the Holiday season in New York City, even though the weather has been on the warm side.

Bryant Park, Grand Central station and
Union Square
all set up these little villages where different merchants hock their wears. So my friend Alex walked around and took in the sights, the Ice Rink was in full swing as well and the Ultra hip Bar and Lounge called Celsius, this temporary two story bar has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the rink and the rest of the park, and is a great place to sit and people watch. After a trip to
south street
seaport, Alex and I parted ways and I headed off to my next stop for the evening, the West Village, now after four years of friendship I should be well aware of Rhett Time, this wonderfully generous, handsome, talented man has the worse sense of time on the face of the earth. So there I was waiting for Rhett at the Monster and staring at Jon-E my friend who happened to bartending that night, after an hour or so Rhett shows up and we have a drink, then I bounce off to stop three for the night. Williamsburg is not really on my first place to go on a Friday night, but when one has a dear friend visiting from out of state and on her Birthday, you don't ignore that call. So with passport and foreign visa in hand I set across the Great East River and into the wilds of the Hipsters Motherland.

Arriving at Metropolitan bar I was greeted by a dear friend Wade who was slinging Vodka Sodas and PBR's after a hey girl hey, I drifted off to find my friends. Fast forward after to many Bourbon rocks, it's now 2:45am and I have to head home, drunk and sleepy, I made my way on to L train and then to Union Square, I remember getting onto the 6 train and closing my eyes for a brief moment, I was soon jolted awake and looking up at the announcement board I realized I had gone 18 stops further than my intended destination.  FAIL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So the moral of the story is if you need to fall asleep on the Train after a hard night of drinking make sure you have a seat buddy to wake you up, otherwise you will be riding the train all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment